Tuesday, August 18, 2009

2009 Junior World Individual TT Champion Luke Durbridge's World Championship Experience



I have been training for six months around the track and road tt with my cycling coach back home Darryl Benson from WAIS. When I won the nationals we knew I was in for a not to bad a shot. I was in Adelaide training for a bit then flew to Russia about 6 days before Junior World Championship TT.


The day of the time trial, as soon as I jumped on the rollers, I knew that I was on, the legs felt great everything was perfect except for forgetting my tt booties haha.


The course was fairly flat some light rises in it. I went out of the start very fast and posted the quickest first lap of the day by 9 seconds. The second lap I started to fade but managed to hold on to it . I picked up my minute man half way round the second lap which helped me race to the line. Luckily I did considering I only won by a narrow margin.


When I came in, I thought it was fast but I had a long wait, an hour and a half, to actually to find out if I had won or not. I was a nervous wreck waiting but in the end it was all worth it. I had won by 2.2 sec over Lawson Craddock of USA .
I was stoked all my hard work had paid off . . .

1 comment:

  1. Sure looks like that Vision Tech Base Bar doesn't pass the 3:1 aspect ratio rule. That rule was supposed to be strictly enforced at the Worlds. Why was he allowed to use that bar?

    ReplyDelete